Coaching with Agility in Mind
At Agility in Mind we believe in helping organisations, teams and individuals improve their delivery of long term value – using agile principles and practices as an enabler for change. It’s not about getting agile right and being dogmatic about a particular agile framework.
The majority of our coaching engagements follow a simple model:
- Discovery – finding out what the clients issues are and formulating a plan.
- High impact training – ensuring everyone understands the basics and has a common vocabulary.
- Coaching delivery – using a combination tools such as, workshops, coaching, leading by example, and mentoring, we help teams but their skills into practice.
Ultimately, we’re aiming to take the client on a journey and at the end of that journey they’re self-sufficient and they can continue to drive improvements and adoption without dependence on a long term agile coach.
There is no such thing as a typical week at Agility in Mind. One day you might find yourself delivering a BBD training course for a start-up, the next a Story Mapping workshop for a blue chip organisation. One thing is certain, there’s plenty of variety. We have a healthy internal culture of sharing lessons learnt and new ideas through our quarterly company days and monthly coaches’ meet-ups.
What makes you an Agility in Mind Coach
- You have developed and delivered training and understand how people learn.
- You’re just as confident talking story points with the development teams as talking about time to value with senior management.
- You look to continuously improve your expertise, knowledge and skills.
- Receiving feedback is just as important to you as giving it.