Agility in Mind was specifically engaged to:
- Implement agile product delivery practices.
- Help deliver the business critical system.
- Achieve better alignment and collaboration between the commercial business and the systems development departments.
- Build the confidence of product owners and support them to make the vital contribution needed for success.
- Support the development teams in adoption of new working practices.
Agility in Mind undertook a rapid initial assessment of the situation, speaking with senior managers and the development team, to gain insight into the needs of the project, the teams and the business.
A plan of action was formulated, prioritised on achieving a common understanding of the scope of the project including its business drivers and vision for success.
Following a brief look into the 400+ requirements that had been written over several months, the recommendation was made to generate a new working backlog from scratch, appropriately shaped and prioritised to meet the current needs of the business. Within a few days, the product was planned and a backlog created through joint working between the commercial and technical teams.
Agility in Mind then supported the newly-formed multidisciplinary team with bespoke training in agile, lean, Kanban and behaviour-driven development.
During the course of the project, Agility in Mind maintained an active involvement with fortnightly input for management and teams, to help keep the development on track. This included review of progress by use of metrics and supporting retrospective meetings to maintain on-going improvements.