Thanks for taking the time to ensure you are well prepared for your upcoming live virtual training course. There are a few simple things you can do to ensure you can join with ease on the day, and to get the most out of your class.
If using Zoom – Getting set up
We use Zoom as our live virtual classroom as we have found it to be simple and easy to use. To participate fully in the class, you will need:
- A full laptop or desktop computer capable of running the Zoom application.
- A working microphone and speakers (headphones or a headset are ideal).
- The ability to join the VoiP audio conference (unfortunately, there is no telephone dial-in option).
- Ideally, a working web cam. Most people keep this switched on during the class.
It is recommended that you join the Zoom test meeting before the class, to avoid any technical issues on the day, when there is often little time to investigate:
Please run the audio test from this menu to check you can hear, and that your microphone is working. You can select different audio inputs and outputs from this menu as well, if you have multiple devices connected.
Mural – our online whiteboard and collaboration tool
Some of our courses involve exercises where you will work with other delegates to create plans, track learning objectives, or sort through information. All of our live virtual classrooms use Mural for any tasks that might have required post-it notes, flip charts, or whiteboards in a face to face class.
Mural will be configured to be used without any requirement to sign up or provide any personal information. If you wanted to try it before the class, feel free to create a free account and experiment.
If you prefer, you may chose to simply observe the exercises that require Mural.
Getting yourself set up
Online training has enabled many people to access live, experienced trainers, where face to face training was not possible. The benefits of live training over pre-recorded online courses arise from the interaction and collaboration between the trainer and the small group of students.
We’ve found that the students who get the most out of live virtual training:
- Arrive with questions they want to have answered, or a personal learning objective for the course.
- Arrive prepared to join in with class discussions.
- Clear their schedule of other meetings for the duration of the course.
- Close their email and instant messaging clients in between breaks.
Questions and Technical Support
If you are experiencing any difficulties, or if you have questions about your upcoming class, do get in touch with us using the details in your pre-course email, or directly to our Academy mailbox.
If you are having technical difficulties with Zoom, you may find it quicker to contact Zoom support directly – they are very responsive.
Zoom Support Contact Numbers
- US: +1.888.799.9666 ext 2 or +1.650.397.6096 ext 2
- AU: +61.1800.768.027 ext 2
- FR: +33.800.90.30.79 ext 2
- JP: +81.800.170.5174 ext 2
- NZ: +64.800.475.039 ext 2
- UK: +44.800.368.7314 ext 2 or +44.20.3890.5445 ext 2