Follow the guidance on this page for the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) I Assessment. All the hints and tips you need to pass the examination first time.
Your passwords should be with you shortly for your ONE free attempt at the exam (80 multiple choice questions in 1 hour) with an 85% pass rate.
Please add email@example.com to the safe senders list to make certain the email does not end up in your Junk mail folder and you receive your password.
There is no time limit to complete the assessment, however we have found that completing the assessment within 2 weeks of the course improves the chance of success.
The objective domain is listed here: https://www.scrum.org/Courses/Professional-Scrum-Product-Owner/PSPO-Subject-Areas
Preparation for the PSPO I Assessment
Read the scrum guide from http://www.scrumguides.org (more than once!).
- Create a Scrum.org account.Your account must be set up before you can take any assessments.
- Use the Open Assessmentsfor practice. Take the Product Owner Open until you achieve 100% repeatedly (5 times in a row). Take the Scrum Open and Developer Open assessments to increase your knowledge and familiarity with the Scrum.org assessment style.
Please give yourself the best opportunity to pass by
- Making sure that you know the Scrum Guide well
- Understanding the purpose of the burndown chart (start with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burn_down_chart)
- It is work remaining vs. time
- Can be by Sprint (hours) or Release (story points)
- Is a guide not to be forced to match a profile
- Think in terms of the primary purpose of the Product Owner
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Return on Investment (RoI)
Watch this video
Taking the PSPO I Assessment
Once you have received your code and feel ready, schedule 60 minutes when you will not be interrupted then complete the following:
- Login to your Scrum.org account
- Navigate to the PSPO I Assessment page. Important details about the assessment are listed on this page.
- Click the Start Assessment button in the middle of the page.
- Enter your provided password.
When you have passed a Professional level assessments (PSPO I) with a score of 85% or higher, a downloadable, printable certificate and badge will be added directly into your Scrum.org member account profile.
Please check your member profile to download and print your certificate. To access your profile, click on your name, which will appear at the top of any Scrum.org page whenever you are logged into your account. Please feel free to use your Scrum.org certificate and badge to represent your status and understanding of Scrum.