BDD team coaching has the following key activities:
- Team workshops with all the team to ensure there is an understanding of the BDD principles and vocabulary.
- Establishing a cadence of refinement to help the team have consistency of application.
- Ongoing coaching to help the team implement effective scenarios on a day to day basis and reinforcement to help make it stick.
Helping the BDD team navigate early challenges is key to adoption and success:
- When should we write scenarios?
- What’s the difference between a scenario and a story?
- How do I organise my feature files?
- What’s the right level of detail?
- How do I supplement the scenario with examples?
- What’s the difference between TDD, BDD, ATDD?
Our BDD coaches are role models who have experienced the benefits of BDD done well and the pitfalls when implemented badly. They have worked with many different types of organisations and at all levels of the business. Agility in Mind’s BDD coaches offer timely, context specific BDD coaching advice drawn from experience, wisdom and best practice, relevant to the problem and the specific needs of the individual, team or business.
The BDD team coaching service satisfies three key needs of BDD teams:
- Relevant practical experience (sharing specific examples of successes and tales from the trenches).
- Broad perspective of business domains.
- Joint problem solving leading to options and outcomes.
Working with Agility in Mind on BDD coaching will mean:
- Faster adoption of agile principles and the BDD framework.
- Better decision making.
- Proficiency in their roles faster.
- Avoidance of costly mistakes.
- Success in developing and retaining talent.
Our BDD team coaching service is available immediately and flexibly to suit the demands of your agile team. Get in touch today, to provide your team with the BDD team coaching they need.