Kanban team coaching has the following key activities:
- Team workshops with all the stakeholders to ensure there is an understanding of the kanban principles.
- Process Mapping to understand the current process steps and identify possible sources of waste.
- Create a virtual kanban to visualise the work and help it flow.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement to help drive improvements.
Helping the kanban team navigate early challenges is key to adoption and success:
- How to we set up a board?
- Do we really need a work in progress (WIP) limit?
- Do we still need to have meetings like scrum?
- When can a kanban token move to the next column?
- Are there any new roles to support kanban?
- What is flow, and when will we deliver?
- How do we know we’re doing well?
Our kanban team coaches are role models who have “got the T-Shirt”, in many different types of organisations and at all levels of the business. Agility in Minds kanban team coaches offer timely, context specific kanban coaching advice drawn from experience, wisdom and best practice, relevant to the problem and the specific needs of the individual, team or business.
The kanban team coaching service satisfies three key needs of kanban teams:
- Relevant practical experience (sharing specific examples of successes and tales from the trenches).
- Broad perspective of business domains.
- Joint problem solving leading to options and outcomes.
Working with Agility in Mind on kanban team coaching will mean:
- Faster adoption of agile principles and the kanban framework.
- Better decision making.
- Proficiency in their roles faster.
- Avoidance of costly mistakes.
- Success in developing and retaining talent.
Our kanban team coaching service is available immediately and flexibly to suit the demands of your agile team. Get in touch today, to provide your team with the coaching they need.