Why Choose Us
Agility in Mind is a great training experience for me. I am very thankful for all the support provided during the course and all the useful information for my successful exam preparation and passing the exam. The constant support, open communication, site useful content, structured trainings are definitely great ingredients for …
The Live Virtual Classroom was easy to use and has a lot of fun functionality to make the course interesting and interactive for participants
The trainer delivered a 2-day-long Professional Scrum Product Owner course as a live virtual class to me and a group of colleagues and he did an absolutely amazing job. The course was full of great, eye-opening thoughts that put a lot of things in perspective and a lot of great practices that are actually useful in our day-to-da…
We had a lot of open discussions and had great, interactive group activities. The trainer not only managed to deliver in a virtual environment but actually took it to the next level, like using a graphic tablet to underline or circle in key phrases on a slide live. Seems like a small thing, but it actually gives a lot of value
Everything was good, she has organized everything and the session was consist of good materials, slides and team working tools which kept us focused on the session. Her communication is excellent and had a good presentation and good delivery. I learnt alot and enjoyed this traninng, Thank you!
it is my first online class, but the tool like Mural is very helpful for team discussion, very effective as online class
Well paced and good timings. Good, clear delivery from the trainer with a good use of tools and slides available. Core content covered well and good linkage with our organisation/field of work
We have nothing coming up right now. Please check back later!
The course is designed to leave delegates with greater confidence in the following five areas:
- What agile product management is and what to expect from those who are experts in it.
- Improving your product delivery capability, dealing with politics, geography and organisational impediments
- Identifying who your real stakeholders are and learning how to influence and negotiate with them.
- Gaining insights to support decisions, understanding how to use your data effectively.
- Optimising the delivery of real value with expert tools and techniques.
Agile product management
We take the role of agile product management apart, sift out the buzzwords and jargon, and put it back together again to form a clear picture about what it takes to lead agile products. Being effective in this role requires some specific skills and doesn’t always make you popular. We introduce case studies of high-impact product leaders who managed to cut through the politics and get things delivered.
Improving your product delivery capability
All products exist within an organisation, and whether you’re a start-up or an enterprise you need to understand and improve the system within which you work. We’ll challenge you to assess and improve your ability to:
- Set strategic objectives, prioritise work and change scope.
- Control the composition, size and productivity of your development team.
- Manage your budget and how it is allocated.
- Get the most out of procurement of equipment and services.
Delegates will identify their own constraints, and focus on what positive impact they can have on their ability to deliver value.
Identifying who your real stakeholders are
One constraint influencing your product delivery capability is the choice arising from a diverse set of stakeholders. Requiring consensus across the board would bring progress to a halt, but equally constraining the decision-making to the experience of just yourself would limit innovation. A key part of leading product delivery is striking the right balance and establishing mutually beneficial relationships with the following interested parties:
- Product sponsors, PMO and Finance.
- Managers of dependent systems.
- The development team.
- Internal users.
- Technical authorities such as architecture, operations and security.
All of these parties can be a potential source of great help or great hindrance. We’ll review existing stakeholder relationships and identify opportunities to get more value while reducing problems.
Gaining insights to support decisions
Insights based on a focused set of relevant data adds rigour to your decision-making. There are limitless options for measurement and analysis in product development. We’ll look at a broad range of options open to product management, including:
- Team capacity and velocity.
- Value, risk, cost of delay.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Active user-base.
- Feature usage index.
- Release lead time, frequency, cost.
- Sales, revenue, margin.
- Defect rate.
- Installed version index.
- Customer absorption rate.
Delegates will then identify which of these metrics are the most significant indicators for their strategic objectives. This will lead into making a plan for getting good quality measurement feeding into effective review and decision-making.
Optimising the delivery of real value
Understanding the value proposition for your product completes the cycle of agile product management. There are many different types of product, which will put emphasis on different outcomes. The closing exercise allows product managers to create a detailed picture of the value they are offering, in a way that is relevant to:
- Customer-facing products such as websites or mobile apps.
- Staff-facing products such as internal intranets or content management systems.
- Technical infrastructure such as authentication engines or search APIs.
This exercise touches on all of the previous topics and leaves closes by challenging delegates to define exactly what they will do next.
We can offer Agile Product Management Masterclass as a private Live Virtual Classroom for distributed teams. For more information on what we can do for you and your organisation, please enquire.
Private team training
The Agility in Mind Approach
We are a friendly team of practitioners and we like to provide a personal level of support, before, during and after the class:
- Pre-course reading designed to expose questions so that they can be explored in class.
- Contact details allowing delegates to ask questions to the trainer before and after the class.
- Access to a comprehensive set of guidance after the course so that delegates apply what has been learnt.
- Digital course effectiveness surveys with results sent out to delegates and sponsors straight after the class.