This BCS Foundation Certificate in Agile leaves delegates more confident in five key areas:
- The rationale and benefits of agile ways of working.
- The agile manifesto and applying agile principles to real work.
- The methods and approaches used by agile teams.
- Agile roles and how they work together.
- Agile techniques and practices.
As an agile certification foundation-level course there is no assumed knowledge, and it works well with mixed classes of software developers and the business stakeholders that they might interact with. Typical attendees include:
- Traditional engineering teams of software engineers, analysts and testers, who are planning to start using agile ways of working.
- Established teams that are keen to review their working practices and improve their approach.
- Project managers seeking to adapt to agile roles such as scrum master or product owner.
- Established or prospective product owners and product managers.
- Stakeholders or users of products who need a good working relationship with agile teams.
Delivered as a private class, the course is pitched at an appropriate level. For example, experienced teams can quickly re-establish the basics and then spend more time considering the detail of their approach.
We are a friendly team of practitioners and we like to provide a personal level of support, before, during and after the class:
- Pre-course reading designed exposes questions and explored in class.
- Contact details allowing delegates to ask questions to the trainer before and after the class.
- Access to a comprehensive set of guidance after the course so that delegates apply what they’ve learnt.
- Digital course effectiveness surveys with results sent out to delegates and sponsors straight after the class.
Duration: 2 days
Course Level: Foundations
- Access to Agility in Mind Academy
- Pre-course reading
- Post course reading
- Practise questions
- Trainers contact information
The interaction with the other members using the mural board doing exercises . The depth in which the trainer explained any questions was truly a delightful experience.
The instructor and class dynamic was very warm and safe.
it is my first online class, but the tool like Mural is very helpful for team discussion, very effective as online class
Had heard of Agile methodology before the course, but truly had no knowledge or context. Course gave me a working lexicon and understanding. Instructor was excellent in providing examples and was able to draw on experience which complemented the course materials very well.
Brian Carman is an excellent trainer. He created a good learning environment and ensured learning pace suited the class
Well paced and good timings. Good, clear delivery from the trainer with a good use of tools and slides available. Core content covered well and good linkage with our organisation/field of work